Viewing entries tagged
We bring together game organizers, writers, and creators to reflect on the messy year that was 2016
In the following episode, we talk about a lot of things with a bunch of awesome people:
- Al Donato and Kadeem Dunn return to discuss game literacy at the Hand Eye Society's Game Curious program, and the coming fall of the bourgeoisie
- Nadia Oxford, writer at USGamer, comes to talk about Pokemon Go and its social impact
- Gabby DaRienzo, a Toronto-based game creator, tells us about her own death-positive podcast, Play Dead.
- Reid McCarter and David Wolinsky, freelance writers and friend of the show, on game narratives, maturity, and labour in the games industry
Notable Games of 2016
- Al Donato: Everything is Fine, We Become What We Behold
- Kadeem Dunn: XCOM Declassified
- Nadia Oxford: Dragon Quest Builders, Pokemon Sun and Moon
- Gabby DaRienzo: Mystic Messenger
- Daniel Rosen: Zero Time Dilemma
- Arman Aghbali: Stellaris
THANKS TO THE FREE MUSIC ARCHIVE FOR "Whispering Through" BY Asura, "Freedom" by Cyrus and "KOSMICHE SLOP" BY AENON.
BUILT TO PLAY IS A PRODUCT OF CJRU IN THE HEART OF DOWNTOWN TORONTO. IT WAS WRITTEN AND EDITED BY ARMAN AGHBALI, PRODUCED BY DANIEL ROSEN.
Header image is Umbra Chaotic by Meg I or R on Flickr.
IF YOU LIKE THE SHOW PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND RATE US ONLINE. IT HELPS MORE PEOPLE FIND THE SHOW AND GIVES US AN IDEA HOW WE'RE DOING. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT DOWN BELOW.