Viewing entries tagged
We talk handcrafted games, program detectives and memories
This episode contains the following segments:
- Luke Whittaker and Daniel Fountain talk about the connection we have with physical constructed worlds, and how we might see them in video games. (0:00)
- We look at the future of Ubisoft, Sony, and confirm that we're still pretty into memes. (11:45)
- Alex Pieschel tells what he remembers of Final Fantasy VII, based on a neat essay he wrote (37:50)
- Daniel Mullins made a "broken" game we can't really talk about, so instead we try to solve Grandia II (47:35)
- Here's what Lumino City looks like right now.
THANKS TO THE FREE MUSIC ARCHIVE FOR "eeeoooww" by Junior85, "Touch a Clown in the Frightness," by EAT, "watashi" BY JOHNNY_RIPPER, " inside my house; some place i keep dreaming about" BY Ricky Eat Acid (JOHNNY_RIPPER REMIX), "the clouds are like lace" BY Ben McElroy, "Celeste" BY Alex Fitch, "Another Version of You" by Chris Zabriskie.
WE USED CLIPS FROM FREESOUND FROM USERS LIKE obxjohn, tarquam, magnus589, and mapleleaf. Plus sound clips from Canada: A People's History, Final Fantasy VII, Pony Island.
BUILT TO PLAY IS A PRODUCT OF CJRU IN THE HEART OF DOWNTOWN TORONTO. IT WAS PRODUCED BY ARMAN AGHBALI AND DANIEL ROSEN. THE HEADER IMAGE IS BY Paul Townsend ON FLICKR.
IF YOU LIKE THE SHOW PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND RATE US ONLINE. IT HELPS MORE PEOPLE FIND THE SHOW AND GIVES US AN IDEA HOW WE'RE DOING. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT DOWN BELOW.